MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF
BRADWALL PARISH COUNCIL
Held on Wednesday 8th December 2021
PRESENT: Cllr. G. Gnyp – Chairman BPC Cllr. R. Smedley – BPC
Cllr. S. Beck – BPC Cllr. M. Ollier - BPC
Cllr M. Acton - BPC Mrs F Stops – Clerk
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC: None
1. APOLOGIES: None
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST REGARDING AGENDA ITEMS: None
3. TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
a) Footpath at Smithy bends
Still awaiting the contract from Cheshire East Council Legal Department.
5. HOLLINS GREEN BOUNDARY SIGNS
The Clerk showed Councillors the design and costing received from Cheshire East. After discussion it was agreed that while the sign part of the design was agreeable, the mounting in a “gateway/fence” was too large for the verge at the locations where the signs were required. The cost of £2000 per sign (to supply & install) was also much too high for the council to agree to. Cllr. Gnyp highlighted that when two boundary signs were purchased in 2016 the total cost was approximately £800. It was agreed that the Clerk should ask for alternative costings for a) this design to be installed on metal poles and b) for a standard rectangular shaped sign without graphics on metal poles.
6. FINANCE (Clerk)
a) The balance sheet dated 8th December 2021 was received.
b) Payments approved: Mrs F. Stops - £508 Clerk’s salary & expenses April to September 2021.
c) Budget and Precept requirement for 2022-2023: The Clerk presented a budget for the next financial year and after consideration of current balances and reserves it was agreed to request a Precept of £1700.00 for the 2022-23 financial year.
7. PLANNING MATTERS
a) New Applications.
21/5202C Fields Farm, Congleton Road – Change of use of field to allow touring caravan pitches including associated hardstanding. No comments or objections.
21/1804C Hill Top Cottage – Extension. No decision.
8. CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED (Clerk)
Any relevant emails have been forwarded. The Clerk also reported on the following matters.
· A letter from Godfrey Williams was read to the meeting, thanking the Councillors for his retirement gift.
· Cheshire East – Consultation on the Housing Supplementary Planning Document.
· Cheshire East – Speed Management Strategy Consultation.
9. TO RECEIVE AND DISCUSS MATTERS RAISED BY MEMBERS AND CHESHIRE EAST MEMBER
· It was reported that the glass in the Parish Council notice board has been broken, presumably by a stone. Cllr. Gnyp offered to arrange or carry out a repair.
10. DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
Wednesday 16th February 2022, 8pm – venue to be advised
The meeting closed at 8.55pm.
Signed by RFO/Clerk Chairman