MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF
BRADWALL PARISH COUNCIL
Held on Wednesday 22nd September 2021
PRESENT: Cllr. G. Gnyp Chairman BPC Cllr. R. Smedley BPC
Cllr. S. Beck BPC Cllr. M. Ollier - BPC
Cllr J. Wray - CE Mrs F Stops Clerk
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC: Edward Barlow
It was noted that since the last meeting a letter of resignation was received from Godfrey Williams, who reluctantly leaves the council after a period of ill health. A letter of thanks has been sent to Mr Williams.
1. APOLOGIES: Cllr. M. Acton
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST REGARDING AGENDA ITEMS
3. TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
a) Footpath at Smithy bends
Progress has been slow, however a template of the legal agreement required has now been obtained and the Clerk will meet with the landowner and farmer to check they are happy with everything before asking Cheshire East to proceed with drawing up the agreement. Once this is signed off we can ask a contractor (Williss) to look at the work required.
b) Hollins Green Boundary Signs
The Clerk is still waiting for Cheshire East to forward a design and costing.
5. FINANCE (Clerk)
a) The balance sheet dated 22nd September 2021 was received.
b) Payments approved: Bradwall Village Hall - £25 for room hire. G. Gnyp - £58.33 website expenses.
6. PLANNING MATTERS
a) New Applications.
21/1804C Hill Top Cottage Extension. No decision.
7. CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED (Clerk)
Any relevant emails have been forwarded. The Clerk also reported on the following Cheshire East matters.
· Cheshire East Community Governance Review
There are no changes proposed that will affect the parish of Bradwall.
· Cheshire East Code of Conduct Consultation.
· Cheshire East There was a proposal to open a future review of parking charges across the borough, but at a meeting held on 21st September this was rejected by CE councillors.
8. TO RECEIVE AND DISCUSS MATTERS RAISED BY MEMBERS AND CHESHIRE EAST MEMBER
· It was agreed that a gift be purchased for Godfrey Williams as a token of appreciation for the years of service he has given to BPC. The Clerk will arrange this.
· The resignation of Mr Williams leaves a vacancy for the position of Vice-Chair. At the moment none of those present felt able to take up the role. It also means there are currently two councillor vacancies.
· It was requested that the Clerk reports the fact that the road surface is collapsing on Bradwall Road close to the junction with Pillar Box Lane.
9. DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
Wednesday 17th November 2021, 8pm at Bradwall Village
Rearranged after the meeting, to:
Wednesday 8th December 2021, 8pm at Bradwall Village Hall
The meeting closed at 9.15pm.
Signed by RFO/Clerk Chairman