MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF
BRADWALL PARISH COUNCIL
Held on Wednesday 15th July 2020 at Bradwall Village Hall
PRESENT: Cllr. G. Gnyp – Chair BPC Cllr. M. Ollier – BPC
Cllr. R. Smedley – BPC Cllr. S. Beck – BPC
Cllr. G. Williams - BPC
Mrs F Stops - Clerk
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC: None
NOTE – COVID19 Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic there were no meetings in March or May 2020. Emergency legislation has removed the requirement for an AGM and Parish Meeting this year and therefore the current Chairman and Vice-Chairman will continue in post until May 2021.
1. APOLOGIES: Cllr. M. Acton – BPC Cllr. J. Wray - CEBC
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST REGARDING AGENDA ITEMS
3. TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
Some patching work has been carried out with larger areas on Hollins Green/Wood Lane. The usual pothole repairs have now resumed after a period of only emergency work due to Covid 19 restrictions and lack of tarmac supply. Cllr Williams and Ollier reported that as part of the work on Wood Lane a drainage grid has been covered with tarmac leading to some flooding. The Clerk will report this matter. The Clerk was also requested to highlight the poor condition of Bradwall Road between Pillar Box Lane and Walnut Tree Lane.
b) Village Hall
The Foden’s Trust are finalising negotiations with Safeguard (Bradwall Estate) to take over control of the village hall. It was agreed to contact the hall president George Barlow to ask for an update and register the Parish Council’s concern at the potential loss of access to this facility for the community.
5. FINANCE (Clerk)
a) The balance sheet dated 15th July 2020 was received.
b) The Annual Governance Statement for the year ending 31st March 2020 (Section 1 of Annual Return) was approved and signed by the Chairman.
c) The Certificate of Exemption for the year ending 31st March 2020 was approved and signed.
d) The Accounting Statement for the year ending 31st March 2020 was approved and signed.
e) The following payments were approved and cheques signed:
Bradwall Village Hall (Hall hire on 15/07/20) - £25.00; Mrs F. Stops (Clerk’s Salary from October 2019 to March 2020) - £468.00. Retrospective approval was given for payments to; Cheshire Association of Local Councils (Membership Fee) - £52.92; Zurich Municipal (Insurance) - £257.60.
6. PLANNING MATTERS
a) Outstanding Applications.
b) New Applications.
20/1471C Hill Top Cottage. Demolition of existing dwelling and erection of replacement dwelling with alterations to vehicular access. No comments or objections were submitted. Permission with conditions granted 8th July 2020.
20/2541C Hollins Green Farm. Erection of slurry storage tower. No comments or objections.
7. CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED (Clerk)
Any relevant emails have been forwarded.
8. TO RECEIVE AND DISCUSS MATTERS RAISED BY MEMBERS AND CHESHIRE EAST MEMBER
· Mr Damien Murray resident of Bramble Cottage, Hollins Green has sent an email requesting additional dog waste bins are provided on Wood Lane, also name signs to indicate Hollins Green boundary. This was discussed and it was resolved that a new dog waste bin should be ordered and erected at the junction of the footpath from Elworth and Wood Lane (Bradwall FP3), by the railway bridge. It was felt that further details of the type and location of name signs needed to be agreed. Cllr. Williams will liaise with Mr Murray and Hollins Green residents and report to the next meeting.
· Cllr. Williams noted that a new sign on the Bradwall Road railway bridge contained incorrect details. The Clerk will report this to Network Rail or whoever is responsible for the sign.
9. DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
Wednesday 23rd September 2020, 8pm
The meeting closed at 9.30pm.
Signed by RFO/Clerk Chairman